[wdmaudiodev] Capture latency with USB card

  • From: "Pierre Brisson" <pbrisson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 10:14:53 -0400

Hi,

I am writing an application using KS. The application allows users to monitor
the input.
With a PCI card, I get delays down to 6-7 ms (measured with a signal
generator and a scope).
With a USB audio device though, the minimum stable delay I can get is around
20-25 ms.
The cause of the problem seems to be the instability of the capture side. I
measure the time
between capture events and I get delays up to 20ms on USB where it should be
5ms.

I am using Microsoft USB audio driver (latest version) and I heard that it
can achieve better
performance. Did anybody experienced such problems with USB audio?

Thanks

Pierre

Pierre Brisson
Adacel Inc.