[wdmaudiodev] Re: Can the "Mixer" label above sound card volume controls be changed?

  • From: Matthew van Eerde <Matthew.van.Eerde@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 16:19:16 +0000

I should say:

DEVPKEY_Device_FriendlyName is made up from
DEVPKEY_DeviceInterface_FriendlyName and DEVPKEY_Device_DeviceDesc.

DEVPKEY_DeviceInterface_FriendlyName (e.g., “High Definition Audio Device”) is
the name of the audio adapter; DEVPKEY_Device_DeviceDesc (e.g., “Headphones”)
is the Kernel Streaming pin name, or if that is not present, a name calculated
based on the pin category.