[wdmaudiodev] Re: Audio WDM devices in Remote Desktop

  • From: Eugene Muzychenko <emuzychenko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tim Roberts <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 10:31:15 +0700

Hello Tim,

> "Remote desktop" mode and "terminal server" mode are actually quite
> different.  When you connect to a "remote desktop", the live console is
> suspended, and only one remote connection is allowed.

But I described the "Remote Desktop" connection in both cases. I
understand that workstation Windows create a console session while
server Windows create a terminal server session. But I cannot
understand why server Windows don't follow the "remote computer sound"
option I specify. Despite of this option, server Windows always follow
the "bring to this computer" mode while I need the "leave on remote
computer".

As I wrote, kernel-mode audio objects are fully accessible in "terminal
server" mode. Only higher-level layers (DirectSound and MME) behave
incorrectly and don't follow the "remote computer sound" connection
option.

Regards,
Eugene