[wdmaudiodev] AW: Re: Driver - White Paper

  • From: wdm <wdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 06:34:56 +0100

> Is there a hoped for date?  This year, 6 months... ???

It=B4s supposed to be released this month. But as there
is not much left of this month I have my doubts this
will really happen. But let=B4s keep our fingers crossed.

I really can=B4t see why this whole subject isn=B4t higher
on the list of priorities at MS.  Achieving low-latency
for audio-applications in fields like music, communication=20
will help MS much to push their OS - this would be
especially important now that MacOS X has native support
of low-latency audio and the Linux sound-systems also
achieving much better latency than a while ago.

Tobias