[waug] Hello can you help

  • From: mrsbs@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: waug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 15:47:43 GMT

Hello everybody at WAUG.

It been a long time since coming to Yeovilton. I miss it, but business
comes first unfortunately.

I have a problem with my Space Cube internet. I have contacted R-Comp
and I am awaiting a reply to my last email to him.

I have also contacted Aaron Timbrell to see if he can help.

To save me rewriting the info please see the attachment to Aaron,
which I hope explains my problem.

May I just add a new find.
If AVG is unticked on the Windows side I can send emails via BT but I
cannot receive emails via BT.

Hope you can put some light on it. And hope to see you at South West
Show next month.

Many Thanks

Norman Brooks

--
This is Mrs B's Caring Catering Ltd

For All Your Catering Requirements
In a message dated 12/01/2009 17:31:27 GMT Standard Time, mrsbs@xxxxxxxxxx
writes:

>Hello Aaron
>Please can you help or put some light on my internet  problem.

>Firstly, thank you for Virtual Acorn for my laptop. I have  not used it
>yet as it is being installed for me.

>I have a  kind of conflict between Windows and Acorn internet where the
>present  problem is in my opinion to do with AVG. If I untick the email
>scanner  then use Acorn/Riscos it works.

>With tick everything fails (see  Attachment Tick)

>I have asked Andrew @ R-comp  (see Past message  and recent
>Message 2. Which at present I have not received a  reply)

>Back drop shows on start up "Hermes" and Free uk on both  Windows and
>Acorn work fine, (when unticked)

>But the Bt bit  stays on the screen (attachment, error)

>Neil who is carrying out our  computer set up at our unit says that he
>cannot contact AVG as the  problem is on a "unpopular"
>system to them (AVG).

>Does this  make any difference, because I never had this problem before
>on my old  Risc Cube using Free Uk broadband at home and the unit.
>I am sure I never  had this problem when I had the Space cube from
>R-comp at  first.
>And I am sure it started since the wireless modem has been fitted  at
>our unit that this has started. This I am not 100% sure, but Neil  says
>he installed the wireless modem but never changed any settings any
>where.

>I hope I have not confused you. But welcome any  help.

Thanks for the e-mail and I am sorry you are having a problem.
Unfortuanetly I really can't help as I don't use RISC OS for
e-mail. I know we have lots of customers using AVG (because I
recommend it) with MessengerPro without problems. I can
only refer you back to R-Comp - sorry.

Aaron (VirtualAcorn)