[waug] Re: [Fwd: RISCOS SOUTHWEST]

  • From: "Iank (WAUG)" <waug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: waug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 22:36:07 +0000 (GMT)

On 10 Dec, Graham Mottram <graham.mottram@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ian K wrote:
> > On 09 Dec, Pete Privett <pete.privett@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >> Graham
> >>

> >> In view of John's mail do you think we as a Club should contact Paul M
> >> and offer support - assuming the venue is within a reasonable
> >> distance? It might help him with planning whether to go ahead or not.
> >>

> > I suspect Paul M would be very pleased for any help they can get
> > especially considering the distance from where he is to our neck of the
> > woods.
> > I don't suppose there is any chance in holding it at the Museum Graham?
> >
> > Regards
> > Ian K
> >
> > Visit the WAUG website //www.freelists.org/webpage/waug
> >
> > I already made the suggestion that I would be willing to host the show
> > at the museum to John, but he has replied that Paul M is looking for
> > somewhere near Bristol, so that it is not too far for northern
> > exhibitors to travel.
> >
> I think that Bristol is too far for folks from the deeper south west to
> travel, and it is supposed to be the South West show ! I suggest that we
> wait and see what happens - I would be prepared to support the show by
> going and trying to spend a bit, but Bristol can be an absolute pain to
> find your way around, and venues will likely be pricey.
> Graham

I would agree.
I suspect that was the reason John used the Webbington. Rural enough to be
cheeper but close to the Motorway for easy access.

Has anyone heard anything more? I have tried ringing ROL who seem to of
taken an early christmas holiday.
I hope Paul M can arrange something even if it isn't ideal, if it misses a
year it is likely to be harder to get the momentum going again for next
years.