[vvcemr] Re: Diagnoses, Problems and Procedures

  • From: Simon Roe <Simon_Roe@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: VetView Med Rec list <vvcemr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2014 06:15:41 -0400

The best place and time to enter what the actual procedure was is during
the report portion, and I can see how that could be done with a question
field or two, but I think we need a more formal structure, particularly for
being able to provide an easy overview of a patient. I would envision a
Procedure List similar to a Master Problem List, but my ideal would
actually be a way to overlay them on one another to display the chronology
of the past history. When was the ligament injury diagnosed? Vs when was
the surgery done to correct it? When was the diagnosis of delayed union
made relative to when the fracture was repaired? When was that mass removed
relative to the diagnosis of lung mets? For me, as a surgeon, I would like
it to be a Master Problems and Procedures List, because the chronology of
the procedures is of equal importance as the problem, particularly if the
problem is resolved by the procedure

Simon Roe