[vvcemr] Re: Diagnoses, Problems and Procedures

  • From: "Shirley T. Arck" <sarck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "vvcemr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <vvcemr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 14:10:00 +0000

I forwarded the post to Kathy Ellis from VMDB.  Here is her response:

As a response to this person's post, it is possible to have Procedure list
similar to a diagnosis list using SNOMED.  Currently the coders code the
surgical procedures as well as certain other procedures, such as Chemo.  VMDB
has thrown around the idea of creating a procedure listing.  What would be best
is for the EHR to use charge capture, automatically coding charges that are
specific enough to be coded without manually being done (example:  spays,
castrations, tie-back surgery, etc.).  VetStar currently does this.  What we
need is a VMDB master procedure list that institutions could then tie into
their charges, surgery reports, etc.