[vvcemr] Re: Confirm your participation in the VetView EMR discussion

  • From: Simon Roe <Simon_Roe@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: vvcemr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 22:12:50 -0400

Dr. Simon Roe, Orthopaedic Surgeon, Co-Chair of the NCSU EMR Committee

It is great to see the enthusiasm for using this list. I am disappointed
that there doesn't appear to be any clinicians on it. A good EMR will be a
huge step for our busy and large teaching hospitals. It needs to be a good
data capture tool with a robust search/retrieval process, have a structure
that facilitates students learning clinical reasoning, and be efficient so
that our large enterprises can survive in this competitive climate. Even
though there is a "crunch" to get the first version of VetView up and
running, we need to aim for a product that is better than just a prettier
version of UVIS. I would like to encourage members of this list at each
site to make sure at least 2 clinicians are added, and that they

I have a number of topics that we would like to see addressed and, if there
is good discussion and consensus on this list, then we can help with the
development of features that will benefit us all

Simon Roe

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 9:52 AM, Yeast Munn Jennifer Lee <
jl.munn@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
> If you are receiving this email it means that, in the past, you were
> subscribed to the VetView Community Electronic Medical Record discussion
> list.  We are about to restart the use of this list and would like to
> confirm that you are still interested in participating in the discussions.
> If you are interested, can you confirm as such as well as what position
> you hold at your institution so we know who we are all talking to?   Sorry
> to make you confirm, but we want to make sure we aren’t spamming anyone.
> Thank you in advance for your time.  We look forward to the animated
> discussions that are sure to come!
> Jennifer
> Université de Montréal

Dr. Simon Roe, BVSc, PhD, Diplomate ACVS
Professor, Small Animal Orthopaedic Surgery
Randall B Terry Companion Animal Veterinary Medical Center
1052 William Moore Drive,
Raleigh, NC 27607

Ph: 919-513-6334 office  919-513-6588 clinic

"Live fully. Love wastefully. Be all that you can be." adapted from Bishop

'All electronic mail messages in connection with State business which are
sent to or received by this account are subject to the NC Public Records
Law and may be disclosed to third parties.'