  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Charles Gossett

  Mark, Gena, those look really good.
  I was tempted to buy a maco lens after Jims presentation, but decided to save
my money for a new camera body.

  From: markoberle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  To: vpci@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Subject: [vpci] Re: Thanks Jim Feig
  Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 07:14:03 -0500

  Gena...Looking good. This 'reversing lens' isn't too practical in real
life...just too limiting and slow. Can't imagine using it chasing a bug down.
The easiest and best way is to use a real macro lens...but they run about
$1K+(100mm+, 2.8, stabilized) vs. the $5. adapter ring. Which lens were you
using reversed? It seemed to magnify more than my 28mm.

    Hey Mark, Thanks for your help.  I am attaching my attempt.  They aren't as
good as yours but this was without the focusing rail or my tripod.  Can't wait
to play with this in the morning.

    Gena

    Gena
    When reversing the lens...make sure you switch to all manual...focusing and
exposure control. My setup was being difficult using live view and flash on a
cable...probably OE!  The focusing rail sure makes focusing easier...well worth
the $15.

      That's cool. I pulled out all old lenses but can't seem to get them to
work. Maybe someone can help me Thursday night

      Gena

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Mar 13, 2012, at 10:54 AM, "Mark Oberle" <markoberle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

        This is what happens when you sit in on Jim Feig's macro programs.
Trying out my new toys from Hong Kong Ebay...focusing rail and lens reversing
adapter. Dug out a old Albinar 28mm from the film days. The penny is a poor
subject...just wanted a idea of the magnification. FYI...the 28mm magnifies
much more than a 50mm.
        Mark
        <DSD_8673 macro penny.jpg>
        <DSC_3133 macro toys.jpg>