  From: Roger Zimmerman
  To: vpci@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Saturday, April 28, 2012 11:37 AM
  Subject: [vpci] Kayak Trip Sunday

  Linda, Dora Ann, Brent & partner, Gena &Bill, Mark possibly and myself plan
to kayak from Nursery to Victoria tomorrow, about 12 miles.  We plan to meet at
9 a.m. Sunday at the boat launch by the Rose Garden.  We will try to combine
boats onto my pickup and trailer and leave most of the vehicles at the Rose
Garden.  We can leave one vehicle at the loop (Hwy 77 bridge) in case someone
may want to stop at 9 miles.

  Bring Gatorade, water, power bars and a sandwich or two.  Don't forget
sunscreen, hats and life jackets.   I will be wearing my life jacket and
recommend that you wear yours.

  We never take rest or potty breaks, but we will stop at gravel bars to look
for fossils, opal (semiprecious stone) and petrified wood.   So if you need to
stop just say "I want to look for fossils".  Keep your eyes open for skulls and
bones on the gravel bars.   I have found extinct bison skulls on this stretch
of river.

  Anyone else who wants to go can just meet us at 9:00 am at the boat launch or
about 9:30 a.m. at the Nursery bridge.  Just go to Nursery, turn left, then
right after crossing the river bridge.

  Dave and Juan, we hope you can make it.

  Looking forward to a pleasant trip.

  Roger