[vpci] Re: Eagle Nests

Great!!  Who can be the first to get a photo of them?

Roger

-----Original Message-----
From: vpci-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:vpci-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Moody
Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2012 8:20 AM
To: vpci@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [vpci] Re: Eagle Nests

Roger - Found the nest and the orange streamer.  I think we saw a pair of
eagles, but they never came to the nest and were too far away to be sure.
We did however, get questioned by a land owner as to what Chuck and I were
doing staring out over the road with a pair of binoculars!  We explained we
were looking for the eagles and pointed out the nest to them.  They were
very interested and will be looking for the eagles also.  Thanks for the
help!  MGM

Roger Zimmerman writes:

> Hi,
>

> Fain and I visited the eagle nest on Kohl road today and saw one eagle
> bringing sticks to the nest.  To make it easier to find we tied an orange
> streamer to a bush.  If you are coming from Victoria going west, cross the
> lake bridge and continue west a few yards to the two white signs on either
> side of the road.  Take 45 steps to the west to the orange streamer on the
> left.  The nest is directly out on the left (south) side of the road.  If
> you stay for a while you should see eagles bringing sticks to the nest.
>

> We also visited the old nest on the Coletoville road.  Coming from Hiway 59
> cross the lake bridge, continue over the hump (cow underpass) in the road,
> stop at the metal gate and view the nest out on the left.  You can continue
> on to the orange streamer tied on the left fence for another viewing area.
> We saw what appeared to be a dark immature eagle flying through the area,
> but no activity at the nest.  As far as we know this nest is not active
> anymore, but should be checked.
>

> Roger

Club Website:
http://www.victoriaphotographyclub.com/