  From: Gena Leur
  To: vpci@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 8:11 PM
  Subject: [vpci] Re: BS contest category

  Thanks Jim. I love to sew and have so much fabric that I think I'm going to
make one for the fun of it.  Maybe if  it comes out good enough I can make one
for one of our give aways
  Gena

  Sent from my iPhone

  On Apr 25, 2012, at 4:41 PM, "Jim" <jim@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    Gena,

    I don't think there is a specific size for the "bean bag."  It just needs
to be big enough to lay it on car window opening and have a little on both the
outside of the vehicle and inside the vehicle.  The bag will be big enough to
lay on a "rock" or "table" or "fence rail" or well, you get the picture.   I
bought a canvas bag at Hobby Lobby or one of the fabric shops (I don't remember
for sure).  We put rice in the bag rather than beans because the rice is
smaller and makes placing your camera on it easier.  The Mary Ann stitched the
top closed.

    I have it if you would like to see before you start your project.  Just let
me know.

    jim

From: brentortego@xxxxxxxxxxx
          > > To: vpci@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
          > > Subject: [vpci] Re: BS contest category
          > > Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 16:41:35 -0500
          > >

          > > The club might want to consider something different.
          > >

          > > I joined the club to learn about photography and to obtain a few
more friends.

          > > The friends part has been greater than expected, but the learning
has been pretty slow.

          > > I have attended 3 meetings and only one has had something other
than judging pictures.

          > > Why do we need to see photographs twice in a meeting? Is it
possible to judge them prior to the meeting and then display the scoring during
the meeting. This will save about an hour and we can use this time to have
additional programs.

          > > This would also allow us to add additional categories which has
been discussed all day.

          > > The club appears to be growing and we need to provide room for
growth and diverse interests.

          > > Brent Ortego
          > >

          > > From: markoberle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
          > > To: vpci@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
          > > Subject: [vpci] Re: BS contest category
          > > Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 16:01:14 -0500
          > >

          > > Well said Bill...I learned the hard way...never ever say it looks
just like you.

some type of magic. At least when I take a picture of a building its not
hanging over my shoulder wanting to see what it looks like.

workshop...or maybe a series of workshops...you might generate a whole new
interest in the club.

          > > Mark

categories based on what they enjoy the most. However, adding more categories
entails also adding a lot more time to the judging & that is mainly why we
haven't done it.
          > > Fain
          > >

          > > On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 5:07 PM, Tippi Van Doren
<flippytippi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

          > > It would be nice if we had a category for People/Portrait.
          > >
          > > Tippi Van Doren

Need to make revisions.