To: vpci@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [vpci] Re: BS contest category
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 16:41:35 -0500

The club might want to consider something different.

I joined the club to learn about photography and to obtain a few more friends.

The friends part has been greater than expected, but the learning has been
pretty slow.

I have attended 3 meetings and only one has had something other than judging
pictures.

Why do we need to see photographs twice in a meeting?  Is it possible to judge
them prior to the meeting and then display the scoring during the meeting.
This will save about an hour and we can use this time to have additional
programs.

This would also allow us to add additional categories which has been discussed
all day.

The club appears to be growing and we need to provide room for growth and
diverse interests.

Brent Ortego

From: markoberle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: vpci@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 16:01:14 -0500

Well said Bill...I learned the hard way...never ever say it looks just like you.

From: fain.zimmerman@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 13:19:29 -0500
To: vpci@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I remember some discussion - I don't really remember why we kept it. Maybe by
changing the definition we thought it'd get more entries?  I have seen other
structures - like bridges - entered in architecture. There was an adobe
structure that placed 2nd in Cuero.

Fain

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 10:02 AM, Jim Payne <jim@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If memory serves (which is questionable) there was some discussion RE: Architecture
noting that that dealt with buildings etc.  Thing like bridges was not considered
architecture.  This is what I remember of the discussion – maybe someone else
might have a better recollection.

jim