[vitunes] vitunes Version 2.0 Released

  • From: Ryan Flannery <ryan.flannery@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vitunes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2011 04:08:10 -0500

Just in time for 2011, version 2.0 of vitunes has officially been released.

Major new features include:

1. Support for undo/redo.  Cut/Paste modifications of any playlist can
be undone and re-done with the normal vi keybindings of 'u' and
Control+'r'.
2. Custom keybindings are now possible through the :bind ...  and
:unbind ...  commands, also available in the configuration file.  See
the man page for complete documentation.
3. Vastly improved handling of mplayer, including (most importantly)
synchronization between vitunes and mplayer.  This eliminates many of
the skipping/stuttering cases that many have reported.
4. New things in the display that can be colored.  See the man-page for details.
5. Many bug fixes.

This release contains all of the features I ever hoped vitunes would
have.  That doesn't mean vitunes is finished... it simply means that
vitunes will cool-off and enjoy a code-cleaning phase for a while.
Shoot, I may even add an Emacs mode to vitunes!

Aside from the above improvements, vitunes is now more social and "Web
two point oooh".  Aside from this mailing list, we're on Freshmeat,
OhLoh, and have repositories mirrored on GitHub and BitBucket.   The
GitHub mirror also includes the official bug/issue database.  Feel
free to contribute.

Happy 2011, hacking, and vitunes'ing,
-ryan

:q