[vitunes] Re: Gstreamer and Mplayer backend commited

  • From: Ryan Flannery <ryan.flannery@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vitunes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 18:02:49 -0500

Hi List,

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 4:34 PM, Daniel Walter <sahne@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I've just commited an alpha version of my modified vitunes.
>
> This commit includes:
>
> * replace the player with a multi-backend player
> * mplayer backend
> * gstreamer backend
>
> currently the code is full of smaller or larger todos, there is still
> no support for seeking in gstreamer backend, but it is already in
> my private git branch (still buggy).
> There are still warnings during compile time.
> I've got no idea yet, how to solve the configuration problem.

Sounds great.  I'll have time later tonight and tomorrow to finally
get around to checking out all of these diffs.  Looking forward to it.

> currently the first backend is used, so if you want to use gstreamer
> make sure to disable HAVE_MPLAYER in the Makefile (Makefile.linux)

Hmm.. For the time being, I'd prefer to mplayer as a fixed default.
Just until more testing can be done.

> On OS X (at least on my installation), gstreamer out of macports seems
> to be broken.
>
> I've tested it on FreeBSD and Arch-Linux, will test it on debian tomorrow.

I'll do OpenBSD tonight/tomorrow.

> Feel free to test it, but please keep in mind, that there are still some open
> issues.
>
> To get the code clone my github repo
>
> git clone git://github.com/sahne/vitunes.git
>
> feel free to send me patches, improvements, feature request, opinions,
> comments
>
> I'll send a mail out everytime i've pushed something new into the repo
>
> Have fun with it,

Oh, I intend to!  Thanks again for this.  I've been looking forward to
it for a while.