[visurfacereader] Full Beta 4.3 announcement

Hi all,

Apologies for the rather terse previous announcement - my PC wouldn't send
mail, so I posted using my phone.  Here's the full deal:

Please grab from http://www.raisedbar.net/surfacereader/surfacereader.htm
and have a good read of what's fixed and what's not.  I've just realised
that I didn't note that I added reporting of each surface's status as you
move through the list, as requested by Mr. Reynolds.  I'll note this on the
site later today.

There's an updated SRConfigs.zip file with a new protocol (Mackie Extender)
and a partial sample application configuration for Mackie Control and Sonar
(it's partial because I'd like you folks to try messing with it).

For those of you itching to get your units doing useful work, try adding
actions to your VPot controls - I'd suggest ReadDisplayStrip with properties
of:

Display = LCD;

Strip number = same as the VPot number.

I'd assign the same actions to the VPot click events as well.

You might notice that the reading actions only get performed when you
release a button/VPot - this is deliberate, as pressing the control
instructs the audio application to do its thing, but the display has to be
updated and this is normally complete by the time a human lets go of the
button, hence the information reported should be accurate.

Have fun!

Best wishes.

Tim Burgess

Raised Bar Ltd