[visual_basic_6] Open Common Dialog Extended

  • From: Constantin Anita <anita.constantin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visual_basic_6@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 10:48:46 +0200

hello everyone,
I have a question, maibe somebody could answer me.
Under Win2K, NTFS i want to make an Open CommonDialog control wich has the
following properties: it has to browse only directories wich belong to the
logged user.
For example, if the is a structure like the following:
MyDirs:
Dir1 - owner is user1
Dir2 - owner is user1
Dir3 - owner is user1
Dir4 - owner is user2
Dir5 - owner is user3, and ....
when i hit the Open file it should browse only the Dir1, Dir2, Dir3 if user1 is
logged, and so on....

I want that the other's user directories (who has owner other user than the
logged one and who are not accessible for the logged user) are showed in the
Open Common Dialog ... and my problem is that i don't want these directories to
be displayed in the control. I want to be showed only the user logged
directories.
I don't know how to do this ... I can check who's the a directory owner and
compare with the logged user but the problem is how to link the common dialog
to this filter...

It's better if you take a look at the attached picture

Constantin Anita
http://stud.usv.ro/~aconstantin

Do you want a free e-mail for life ? Get it at http://www.personal.ro/

-- Type: image/pjpeg