[visionrehabtherapist] we can now get ACVREP credits for taking JAWS webinars

  • From: "Julie Adkins" <jadkins@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <visionrehabtherapist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <infotech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 11:41:37 -0400

The article pasted below is from the most recent Freedom Scientific
Newsletter.  As a computer instructor, I've been anxiously awaiting this
news (this has been in the works for a long time).  If any of you know Dan
Clark at Freedom Scientific, please send him a note of thanks for his work
on this.  I have also contacted AiSquared to ask them to get approval for
their webinars, too, and they seem interested in doing so.

We can only get credit for the PAID JAWS webinars (this is because the
provider-in this case Freedom Scientific-has to pay money to ACVREP to offer
the courses).  If for some reason you are lucky enough to go to a hands-on
workshop, those are not approved for ACVREP credit, either.

Here is the link to the webinars that have been approved for credit with
ACVREP:  http://www.acvrep.org/ACVREP-Approved-CE-Opportunities.php?item=all
<http://www.acvrep.org/ACVREP-Approved-CE-Opportunities.php?item=all&pro=2&o
rp=241> &pro=2&orp=241.  The 12 credit course "JAWS Training for Teachers
and AT Trainers" is only $49.  You can do a live webinar or one that has
been archived.  Of course, you will have to take a quiz afterward to get
your credits.

Julie Adkins

Begin pasted article.

Freedom Scientific Online Training Approved for Certification

We are pleased to announce that the Freedom Scientific Training Department's
online paid Webinars and paid Webinar archives are now approved by the
Academy for Certification of Vision Rehabilitation and Education
Professionals (ACVREP). The Academy's certification programs are designed to
offer professionals the means to demonstrate critical knowledge and skills
that promote the provision of quality services and ethical practice.

Freedom Scientific's Training Department is proud to join ACVREP as a
Continuing Education (CE) provider. "This opens the door for many more
professionals to continue to enhance their individual professional
competencies," said Dan Clark, Senior Technical Trainer for Freedom
Scientific. "It helps ensure that persons receiving vision rehabilitation or
education will receive services from highly qualified professionals."

About ACVREP

The Academy for Certification of Vision Rehabilitation and Education
Professionals (ACVREP) is committed to quality certification programs that
meet rigorous recognized standards. The Academy is a member of the Institute
for Credentialing Excellence (ICE) and strives to conduct its certification
programs according to the standards established by the National Commission
for Certifying Agencies (NCCA). Visit the ACVREP Web site
<http://www.acvrep.org/index.php>  for more information.

Upcoming FREE Webinars

*       Webinar Training Room Orientation, May 15
*       JAWS Certification: What Is It and How Do I Prepare for It? May 16
*       JAWS and iTunes, Part 2, May 23
*       Using JAWS with Popular Antivirus Software, June 6
*       Using JAWS Tandem for Troubleshooting and Training, June 13
*       JAWS Techniques for Examining Text Formatting, June 20
*       Windows Explorer: Managing Files and Folders, June 27
*       PDF Document Reading and Strategies with JAWS and MAGic, Part 1,
July 18
*       PDF Document Reading and Strategies with JAWS and MAGic, Part 2,
July 25

Visit the FREE Webinars page
<http://www.freedomscientific.com/training/Free-Webinars.asp>  for more
information or to register.

Recorded Archives of Paid Webinars

In addition to our live paid Webinars, you may wish to purchase the recorded
archives of prior Webinars, also ACVREP approved. The benefits of purchasing
archived training include:

*       Purchase the recorded archives, and then attend the same Webinar at
no charge the next time it is held live
*       Take the lessons any time 24 hours a day, seven days a week
*       You do not have to wait for the next live class to begin
*       Contact the instructor with any questions by e-mail or phone
*       Meet your training needs now, and also get a free refresher course
later in the year

Visit the paid Webinar archives
<http://www.freedomscientific.com/training/Descriptions-of-paid-webinar-arch
ives.asp>  description page for more information or to purchase the
archives.

Hands-on Workshops

*       Supporting and Teaching Windows 7 with JAWS and MAGic, June 11
through 15
*       Office 2010 and Windows 7 with JAWS and MAGic, June 18 through 22

Visit the Training Workshops page for more information or to register for
the hands-on workshops listed above

End pasted article.

Julie Adkins, MA, CVRT

Certified Vision Rehabilitation Therapist

Metrolina Association for the Blind

704 Louise Avenue

Charlotte, NC 28204

704-887-5121

 <http://www.mabnc.org> www.mabnc.org

for the sole use of the intended recipients(s) and may contain confidential
message.