[visionrehabtherapist] talking dictionaries

  • From: Leanne Ford <blindrehab2007@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionrehabtherapist <visionrehabtherapist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 13:42:59 -0700 (PDT)

I am wondering if anyone has used any of the talking dictionaries?  I have a
client that is in her 60's but mentally acts like she functions as a child.  I
am not aware of what, if any developmental or learning disabilities that she
may have.  She likes to look up words, check their spelling and definition.
She needs something that is very simple to use.  I have only seen the ones in
Maxiaids and ILA catalogs.  I noticed one says it does not speak as you touch
the letters.  By the way, my client is totally blind and also hard of hearing,
so how is the speech output?

If you have personally used one of these and can provide me some feedback
please respond.  Thank you.

Leanne