[visionrehabtherapist] Sad news from UWM

I am passing along this heartbreaking message from Donna Lee.  In know
you all share with me the sadness of losing such a tremendous friend and
colleague who has done so much to enrich our lives and our profession.
BJ
It is with very a very sorrowful heart that I write to you this evening
on behalf of all my colleagues at WMU.  This morning, after a courageous
battle, Sue Ponchillia passed away.  Together, Paul and Sue were known
for being an incredible couple who worked tirelessly for our department,
but also our field.  Sue’s presence at WMU always brought smiles and
laughter, as she touched the lives of so many far beyond the student’s
she taught.  As one of her student’s myself, she certainly made a
lasting impression on me that I’m sure helped guide me to where I am
today (ironically just two doors down from her own office).  She will be
missed more than words can express . . .

Tentative plans are for a memorial service on Saturday, October 24th.
I will keep everyone updated on specifics as we know more.  In the
meanwhile, please join us in supporting Paul during this difficult
time.

Many thanks for your thoughts and prayers in advance,

The Department of Blindness and Low Vision Studies at WMU

Donna Brostek Lee
Assistant Professor
Western Michigan University
Department of Blindness and Low Vision Studies
1903 West Michigan Avenue
Mailstop 5218
Kalamazoo, MI 49008-5218
Office: (269) 387-5944