[visionrehabtherapist] Re: Possible Junk E-Mail Talking glucometers and arm testing

  • From: "Kay Townsend" <ktownsend@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <eileenmb30@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <visionrehabtherapist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 10:26:43 -0400

AST, Alternative Site Testing can be used with the Prodigy Voice glucometer.
They, like other manufacturers, list strong recommendations as to when to
use this system over finger pricks.

Prodigy Voice states in there literature: "We strongly recommend you do AST
ONLY in the following intervals: 1. in a pre-meal or fasting state (more
than 2 hours since the last meal), 2. Two hours or more after taking insulin
and 3. Two hours or more after exercise.

You can also check their web site:  www.prodigymeter.com

Kay Townsend, MA

Certified Vision Rehabilitation Therapist

for the sole use of the intended recipients(s) and may contain confidential
message.

  _____