[visionrehabtherapist] Police ID Question

  • From: Elsa Zavoda <elsaz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionrehabtherapist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 23:16:05 -0500

HI everyone,

I am a member of this group and my husband is a police officer in NJ. I
forwarded the Police ID question to him and this was his response.  I pasted
it below:

"The only thing I can think of is having the person call 911 who can then
confirm if an officer is at that location. Also, have the person who is  has
vision problems notify the local police department. The dispatchers can
place notes in the computer so whenever the persons address comes up the
dispatcher can radio the responding units about the persons condition and
have instructions for the responding officers, maybe a code word or some
other type of arrangement."

Elsa Zavoda, MS OTR/L, SCLV, CLVT