[visionrehabtherapist] Re: Making Pancakes

  • From: "Lachelle Smith" <lasmith@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Lori@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 18:46:21 -0400

Thank you so much for your tips.  I did use this technique and it worked quite
nicely.  I am just coming in from working with my client and she did extremely
well!

Thanks again,
Lachelle

Lachelle E. Smith, M.S., CVRT
Coordinator of the Vision Rehabilitation Therapist Program
Salus University
College of Education and Rehabilitation
8360 Old York Road
Elkins Park, PA 19027-1598
(215) 780-1448 (office)
(215) 780-1357 (fax)
Lasmith@xxxxxxxxx

>>> "Lori" <Lori@xxxxxxxxxxxx> 10/28/10 11:08 AM >>>
Practice the skill of determining whether they are ready to turn or not by
sound and  feel through the spatula with only one in the pan. If they have a
heavy wet fwop sound they are not ready to be flipped. Using the spatula
just get under the edge of the pancake and lift a little and let it drop.
Some folks like the double sided spatulas for certain tasks. You can lightly
touch the topside of pancake to confirm that it has been flipped and it will
have a drier not sticky feel and sound.