[visionrehabtherapist] Re: First aid

  • From: Penny Reeder <penny.reeder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: eileenmb@xxxxxxxxxxx,<visionrehabtherapist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 12:49:15 -0400

There is a great talking first aid kit that is marketed, I believe, by AFB. At least, I remember reading the initial announcement circulated by AFB. The kit comes with a series of "talking booklets" that describe the treatments for all of the common first aid emergencies, and it also contains basic first aid supplies, I believe. It's expensive but well worth the investment, I think, for a person who is caring for others without sighted assistance. It was part of the "kit" for rehab teachers in MD when I was working for the state agency.

Penny

At 08:04 AM 6/12/2009, Eileen Brennan wrote:

Is anyone aware of information on first aid for blind people? I would be interested in any information written for Rehab Teachers who need to teach this to a blind person or information in braille or talking book cassette on first aid specifically for blind people.

Thank you,
Eileen Brennan