[visionrehabtherapist] Re: Count-a-dose

  • From: "Renfroe, Dalene" <Dalene.Renfroe@xxxxxx>
  • To: <poogh@xxxxxxx>, <banderson@xxxxxxxxx>, <ltk64@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <eileenmb30@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <visionrehabtherapist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 09:27:13 -0400

I received the following message back in March.  You should be able to
get the Count-A-Dose from Prodigy now.

Subject: Count-a-dose

Prodigy(r) has just received FDA approval for the Prodigy(r)
Count-A-Dose(r) product which will be ready for release early April
2010. This medical device allows a blind or vision impaired person with
diabetes to fill an insulin syringe independently without assistance.
Insulin therapy will cost a lot less with Count-A-Dose(r) versus using
insulin pens and prefilled reservoirs! In early April 2010 the
Prodigy(r) Count-A-Dose(r) can be purchased at specialty stores serving
the blind and vision impaired.

As you know, Prodigy(r) is the only manufacturer in the diabetes
industry to respond to the challenge of producing a fully accessible
talking glucose meter system, the Prodigy Voice(tm), which offers a
blind or low vision user total independence.  Prodigy(r) is honored to
be the only company to receive National Access Awards from both the
National Federation of the Blind and the American Foundation for the
Blind for our Prodigy VoiceTM. As Prodigy's goal is to serve blind
patients with diabetes, much of our profit goes back into research &
development. This year, we plan to release more new audible products to
serve the blind and vision impaired community.

Would you ask your members to help us make Prodigy(r) products available
through retail chain stores and to be covered by private insurance
carriers as well as Medicare/Medicaid? Our goal is for Team Prodigy(r)
to get 100,000 blind and vision impaired people to sign up and work
together so that our voice cannot be ignored. Accessibility is a right
that all people deserve!  Beginning March 1, 2010 Prodigy(r) will have
our website www.prodigymeter.com <http://www.prodigymeter.com>  set up
for you to easily enter your name and become a part of a strong and
growing movement for the blind that will be heard!

Look for news coming soon about more Prodigy(r) products for the blind.

Please contact me or Bernadette Jacobs at 410-455-5311 or
bandbjacobs@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:bandbjacobs@xxxxxxxxxxx>  with any
questions you may have.

Here to Help,

Jerry Munden (Living well with Type I for 30+ years ... and you can
too!)

Vice President of Business Development

Prodigy Diabetes Care, LLC

9300 Harris Corners Parkway, Suite 450

Charlotte, NC 28269

Phone: 704-285-6454   Fax: 704-285-6495

Email: jerrym@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jerrym@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

From: eileenmb30@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: visionrehabtherapist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [visionrehabtherapist] Talking glucometers and arm testing
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 07:12:46 -0400

Is there a talking glucometer that allows for using blood from a site
other than a finger stick - such as an arm?  A consumer told me he had
heard of such a device, but I do not know of one.

Thanks,

Eileen Brennan

Hotmail is redefining busy with tools for the New Busy. Get more from
your inbox. See how.