[visionexchange] FW: FREE RP Group at the Guild for the Blind Starts Jan 12

From: Lauri Dishman
Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2011 10:47 AM
To: Lauri Dishman
Subject: FREE RP Group at the Guild for the Blind Starts Jan 12

Beginning Monday, January 9, 2012, the Guild will offer a free support group
specifically geared for individuals with Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP).  This is a
10-week group that will meet every Monday afternoon from 1:30 to 3:00 pm
through March 12.  This group allows participants to dialogue constructively
about common issues related to RP.  Topics include: balancing the fine line
between the sighted and unsighted worlds, making life decisions with the
knowledge of having a genetic condition, discussing how daylight affects
lifestyle and more.   A flier with further detail and session descriptions is
attached.

If you or anyone you know is interested in participating in the group, have
them contact me at 312-236-8569 for a brief pre-screen interview.

Happy Holidays!

Lauri

Lauri Dishman, M.A., LCPC
Manager of Counseling Services
Guild for the Blind
65 E. Wacker Place, Suite 1010
Chicago, IL 60601
(312) 236-8569

The Guild staff wishes you all a happy holiday season and a fulfilling new
year.  Our office will close from December 24 through January 2.