[visionegg] pygame.mixer sound output :: latency and platform-specific options
- From: nick knouf <nknouf@xxxxxxx>
- To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 14:29:33 -0500
Not vision related, and not even specifically VisionEgg related, but
I thought I'd ask here first...
A while back someone posted some code for using the pygame.mixer
module for sound output in a VisionEgg script. I had a few questions
about playing sound:
1. It looks like sound.play() returns immediately, so I can go ahead
and display visual images while the sound is playing, correct?
2. pygame uses the SDL_mixer code, and through a cursory inspection,
I can't tell if it then uses PortAudio or some other platform-
specific library for audio output. Ideas?
3. Has anybody had experience using CoreAudio on OS X (through a
python wrapper) to provide for low-latency audio output?
The Vision Egg mailing list
Other related posts: