[visionegg] Re: parallel code update: works fine...but

  • From: Christoph Lehmann <christoph.lehmann@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 09:49:35 +0100

thanks a lot, Andrew

good to know, that the high floating seems to be a hardware issue on all os.
with your updated parallel port code, I get the behavior, that the trigger is
only recognized when changing from +5V to 0V, means the code reads a logical "1"
on the negative slope of a signal change.
can you change this?

I will test the DaqLPT code

thanks and have a nice day

by the way: which demo shows a fixation cross between stimuli, so that I could
take it as an example for my paradigm?

christoph

Quoting Andrew Straw <andrew.straw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Hi Christoph,
>
> I'm glad to hear you're having (some) success.
>
> On my computer (tested under Win2K, but should be the same in linux as
> this is probably a hardware issue), LPT pins 12 and 13 float high.  In
> other words, without a grounding input, they signal +5V.  Perhaps this
> explains your behavior.
>
> By the way, I forgot to mention yesterday that I added a bit of code to
> the DaqLPT module so that you can run it as a standalone python
> application.  In this case, it enters an endless loop which changes the
> output of the parallel port and reports the input.  This may help you
> understand the behavior of your parallel port.
>
> Cheers!
> Andrew
>
> On Tuesday, February 18, 2003, at 08:13  PM, Christoph Lehmann wrote:
>
> > the trigger_in.py now shows the gratings independent of the parallel
> > port input on pin12.
> >
> > and I still cannot explain, why I measure a +5V on pin12 in rest (no
> > input on pin 12, ground on pin18).

Christoph Lehmann
University of Berne
christoph.lehmann@xxxxxxxxxxxx