[visionegg] Re: digital sequence stimuli & RT

  • From: Andrew Straw <andrew.straw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, cat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 03:05:47 +0930

Catherine Hanson wrote:

In our research we often want to present digital sequences (e.g., a "tape" of someone doing something).  Is it possible to present this kind of stimuli in visionegg?

Yes. Check out the image_sequence_fast demo for an example. (The images are generated automatically rather than from a file to save disk space, but you get the idea.) There's also a Screen.put_pixels() function starting with 0.9.5a1 release which can take image data as well.

Also, we're interested in collecting RT (response time) from a button box that a subject uses during fMRI imaging.

There's no code that does this currently. It will require Python to communicate with your button box. Did it come with C libraries or a serial interface or something similar?

Good luck!

Cheers!
Andrew