[visionegg] Synch failing

  • From: Gary Lupyan <glupyan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 14:49:09 -0500

Hey everyone, I am getting the following warning:

2010-09-16 14:40:16,335 (18296) WARNING: Unable to detect or automatically
synch
ronize buffer swapping with vertical retrace. May be possible by manually
adjust
ing video drivers. (Look for 'Enable Vertical Sync' or similar.) If buffer
swapp
ing is not synchronized, frame by frame control will not be possible.
Because of
 this, you will probably get a warning about calculated frames per second
differ
ent than specified.

This is a new one for me.. vertical sync used to work fine before.  I am
running Python 2.6 , PyOoenGL 3.0.1; I am getting the same warning on two
computers and it down in fact look like it's not synching to the vertical
refresh. Anyone have a solution?

Thanks!

Gary Lupyan - lupyan@xxxxxxxx
Assistant Professor