[virtualize] Re: ESX Tools on FreeBSD

Whoooo hooooo! Let us know what your testing comes up with.
-George

On 9/8/05, Matt Kosht <matt.kosht@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 3/22/05, Matt Kosht <matt.kosht@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > You could try that. If you cvsup'd from a working 4.10 to the latest
> > 4.11 release there might be a fix in there that keeps it running. Any
> > reason you haven't tried 5.3? It's in the -STABLE branch now or very
> > soon 5.4 (due in April)
> > I don't/haven't used SCSI devices directly inside a VM so I can't
> > speak to that. Net driver for Microsoft VPC/VS products is a DEC
> > 21140A 10/100. Which FBSD 4.10 has no issue with.
> >
> > On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 15:07:53 -0800, George Yobst <george.yobst@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> > > Question - do you think I could downgrade to 4.10, install and config
> > > the VMWare tools, and then cvsup to 4.11_rel?
> > > Which network and SCSI drivers are you using?
> > > -George

> :-(
> > > >

> Fellow BSD'ers
> FYI Freebsd 6.0-BETA4 (just released) supposedly fixes issue with
> VMWare and FreeBSD installation. I will be testing this myself very
> soon with VMWare ESX.

George Yobst, Library Technology Analyst phone: 503.723.4890
Library Information Network of Clackamas County fax: 503.794.8238
16239 SE McLoughlin Blvd, Suite 208 web: http://www.lincc.lib.or.us
Oak Grove, OR 97267-4654 email: george.yobst@xxxxxxxxx
"...it is impossible for anyone to begin to learn
what he thinks he already knows." - Epictetus