[virtualize] Re: ESX 2.5 Upgrade

  • From: "David M. Bieneman" <dbieneman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <virtualize@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 11:28:35 -0600

Congrats George.  This .TGZ download / upgrade from the COS works
PERFECT too.  You can do these remote with no problems.

Yes as for the booting to Linux... - The answer I believe (although not
really important I guess) is the VMkernel could not completely unload
because you (might) share an HBA with the console OS most likely.

The Console OS VMID 127 is considered a VM as well.  But I think this
only happens when you share the HBA with the COS.

I just like to talk about VMware I guess ;-)

David
esxRanger, HOT backup for VMware ESX Servers
http://www.vizioncore.com