[vip_students] Re: windows 7 problems

  • From: "Paul J. Traynor (NCBI)" <paul.traynor@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 09:04:57 +0100

Hi Vincent,

Really there is little configuration to be done when it comes to jaws and
windows 7. As for jaws not reading the UAC screen, if this is a program you
know to be safe that you are installing, simply pressing the key combination
of "alt + Y" for yes to allow or "alt + N" for no if you wish not to install
this software. Why jaws is not reading the screen, well what version of jaws
do you have and who installed jaws, was it yourself?, a friend or whatever.
Why I ask is that sometimes sighted people just don't follow the correct
line of instruction when installing the types of software we use.