[vip_students] Re: vanishing sentences

  • From: "Eleanor Burke" <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 15:39:48 +0100

Hi Jackie
You are presumably writing in Microsoft Word?  Are you saying it was on the
page and you could read it and then when you went to file and Save.  Is there
any chance that either of the following might have happened.

1  When writing in Word you had accidentally pressed the insert key so that
what you were writing was being deleted as you went along?
2 When you went to Save or Save as are you sure of where you were saving, e.g.
in My Documents or perhaps a folder within My documents?

3.  You obviously gave it a name.  In that case should it be Saved somewhere
you are not aware of would you try from Start Menu going to Search and putting
in the file name in the Edit box for the Search for documents and see what
comes up.  If it is filed in the wrong place it should come up.

Sounds great jackie, the creative writing classes.  I think you have a guide
dog.  Have you written anything on your guide dog in creative writing.  If yes,
I'd love to read it off list.  Say e-mail address as here
eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx