  From: tony sweeney
  To: vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2010 4:38 PM
  Subject: [vip_students] Re: talks question

  I would also genuinely be interested to know if one could drop in to say a
high street mobile phone store
    and purchase a Talks-supported nokia off  the shelf (linked to no
particular provider); I doubt it yet at any rate!

    Fingers crossed for the future though!

    Trust that I won't have to clarify this post too! (smile)!

    Regards,

    Tony Sweeney----- Original Message -----
        From: "John O'Regan" <john.a.oregan@xxxxxxxxx>
        Date: 22/09/2010 10:41 pm

        Dear Eleanor,

          The one thing stopping Jackie from buying her own phone would be the
        price.  If you want to purchase a handset without an airtime contract,
        the cost can be prohibitively expensive.  And then she'd have to buy
        and install the TALKS software herself.  A daunting prospect for many
        non-techies,

        John