[vip_students] Re: question for mobile corner

  • From: "Eleanor Burke" <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 20:48:11 +0100

1. To download US English or whichever Eloquence you want you will get this when you download the Talks folder. You can get this from blindsea.com under screen readers and you will come across latest Talks. You will download a zip folder which you unzip and then choose your version of eloquence. 2. Could you be more specific about the text speech getting tangled up. There are various things you can do to make the key echo feedback to your preference. I have mine set to key echo letters and words but you may not like this combination. In any case, press the Talks key and then the number 1 on your keypad. Not soft key 1 but number one. This is a toggle so repeat this action to get what you require, e.g. key echo off, key echo words or key echo letters and words. I wonder if some of your tangle in text writing is the predictive text. maybe that is not something you like to use. I would turn the predictive text off. Racking my brains how to do this on C5. Will probably have to go and get mine out to tell you but in the meantime if in a text message, hit the hash key on bottom right twice quickly and that should sort it for you. Finally your tangle may have something to do with everytime you hit a letter, e.g. t and Talks says t Tango. Now if that is the case, then you want to turn this off. You would do this by hitting Talks followed by the number 3 on your keypad.

Well it is the same thing as what Kath was experiencing re your message tone. You need to change this setting in Profile so once in your profile, whatever one you have chosen, e.g. outdoor, then arrow down through the various preferences, as I told Kath to do but what you want is message and where it says bleep you want to select that and a new window will open then you arrow down through the various sounds given until you select the one of your choice.

Eleanor
----- Original Message ----- From: "Dorothy" <dorothy.darke@xxxxxxx>