[vip_students] Re: mobile corner, shortcuts

  • From: "Eleanor Burke" <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 23:11:00 -0000

For settings short-cuts on the C5 do the following.
1.  Press Talks Key twice.  This brings up the Menu.

2.  Arrow up until you hear Settings and Select.

3.  In the next window that opens arrow down to Settings and select this.

4.  The first one in the next new window is General.  Select this.

5.  The next new window that opens says Personal.  Select this.

6.  Now arrow down to the 2nd option, stand-by mode.

7. In the next window that opens you want the 2nd one down. Arrow down to short-cuts.

8. When the next window opens you will hear Talks say shortcuts, left selection (in my case) contacts, one of seven. In your case you might want to change this selection key.

9. To change you will press select. I now hear shortcut type, and here there are two choices, application or if I arrow down Bookmark. It is application you want to choose by selecting it.

10. I now hear Talks announce shortcut keys, left selection key checked item, contacts, 19 of 93

Let me now explain what is in this final window. As stated my contacts is number 19 in a list. The list is an alphabetical one so if I wanted to have Notes rather than contacts as the left selection key then I would arrow down until I hear Notes and then select that. I have now made the change.

11. Once the change has been made by pressing soft key one or options key I am back in that window of shortcut keys of which there are seven. We have just changed one of these my contacts to notes. Check this by arrowing down one and then arrow back up again to ensure the change was made.

12. You will now repeat this process from the shortcut keys window that is from point 8 above to point 12 and do this for all seven keys. Once again Susan I am happy to talk you through this over the telephone if it makes it easier.

Eleanor
----- Original Message ----- From: "Susan Curry" <SusanCurry@xxxxxxx>