[vip_students] Re: mobile corner

  • From: "Paul Dromey" <pdromey@xxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 10:42:47 -0000

Hi again Joe.

Here's a better description, thanks to something Paul T sent us some time
ago.

Using touch typing with the IPhone can be handy. What this means is that if
you set your IPhone to use touch typing each time you type up a new message
simply touching any letter of the IPhone virtual keyboard and then removing
your finger from that letter will insert it into the text message.
In order for this to be the case, you must first make sure that typing mode
is set to touch typing, to do this, you should use the rotor. you have to
place two fingers on the phone, slightly apart, as if you are turning a nob,
then, voice over will give you various different options, keep turning your
fingers till you hear typing mode, then, quickly, flick down, with one
finger, you will then be toggling between standard and touch typing mode,
touch is the one you want.