[vip_students] from Robert

  • From: <bobforde2020@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 19:46:34 +0000

vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

<
<  Hi Robert,
<
<  Nice to see you on the list. I have some questions for you about your
<  problem.
<
<  Are you using outlook express on the computer or are you going onto the
<  internet and checking your mail while on the web?.
<
<  This is the only way I would understand you  to be doing things at the
<  moment. If this is what you are doing, what you need to do is  add in all
<  the settings for your eircom  account into outlook express. I  have placed
<  below a guide to help you do this then in future you would open up outlook
<  express and  download your mail from eircom into  it.
<
<  (Setting up an email account in outlook express)
<
<  1. Open up outlook express.
<
<  2. Use keys "control, shift + letter I" to ensure that you are in the "inbox
<  view".
<
<  3. Now press keys " alt plus T" and down arrow to where it says "accounts".
<
<  3. Press the "enter key".
<
<  4. Tab to the "add button" and use the "space bar". A little menu will pop
<  open and the first choice here is "mail" just press enter key on this to
<  begin setting up the new mail account.
<
<  5. First you will be asked to type in your name as you want other people to
<  see it in their inbox. For example: Paul Traynor
<
<  6. Press tab and press space bar on the next button, now type in your email
<  address: paul.traynor@xxxxxxx for example.
<
<  7. Tab to next then  tab to the first of two empty boxes. These boxes are
<  for entering in the server details. First the "incoming server details":
<  mail2.eircom.net
<  Next tab once more and another empty box type in: mail2.eircom.net
<
<  This takes care of the server details.
<
<  8. Now when you  tab and press enter key on next you will  be asked for a
<  user name. This is typically the "first part" of your email address, for
<  example: paul.traynor
<  It will most likely be already filled in so just tab past it to the password
<  box which you will need the password you  got when you signed up for your
<  email account. When you go to enter in your password here it will go in as
<  stars so be careful  that you type in the correct characters.
<
<  9. Tab to the next button then tab again to the "finish button" and you are
<  more or less done. Just one more thing to configure and that is the
<  connection.
<
<  From where you are now after you pressed the "finish button" just tab till
<  you come to properties and press the "space bar". This will reopen up the
<  properties of the account you just created.
<
<  10 Press keys "control + tab" till you are on the "connection tab". Here
<  press the space bar" on the checkbox which asks you something like "always
<  use this account when sending or receiving mails.
<
<  11. After checking this box just tab once to a little combolist box and if
<  you are on a "dial-up connection" then something like "eircom or a telephone
<  numer or some such thing" will be highlighted in this little window. If it's
<  a broadband connection then you need to have it say "local area network".
<
<  12. Tab to the ok button and press the enter key and then press the tab key
<  to the "close button" and press the enter key.
<
<  Now you are done. Provided you followed the above directions correctly you
<  will have no problem accessing your emails via outlook express.
<
<  Good luck,
<
<  Paul.