[vip_students] Re: charts and jaws

  • From: "Paul Traynor" <paul.traynor@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 09:01:25 +0100

Hi Vincent,

Okay sorry about that but the information I gave you in my last email will
still apply in part to finding out what keystrokes you need to read charts
even in jaws 9. I also feel that perhaps there are display issues here with
the work computer and this needs to be looked at.

Correct display settings for jaws and windows XP as follows and needs to be
carried out by an administrator there in FAS using full admin rights to the
computer;
1. Press Control plus Escape or Windows Key to open the Start Menu.

2. Press S for Settings and Enter on Control Panel.

3. Press the letter D till you hear display and press Enter.

4. on the Themes Page:

Windows XP should be set to modified by default.

To change press alt plus down arrow to open

5. Control Tab to the Desktop Tab

Set background to bliss

Set position stretch

6. Press Control Tab to Screen Saver

Set to none]

7. Control Tab to Appearance Tab

Set to Windows Classic Style

Color Scheme Windows Standard

Font Size Normal

8. Tab to OK and press Enter

Suggestions for setting up folders in Windows XP

1. Hold down the Windows key and press the letter M to get to the desktop.

2. Press M for my computer and press Enter.

3. Press Alt plus t and down arrow to Folder Options and press Enter.

4. When on the general tab, set tasks to use Windows Classic Folders.

Set to Open folders in the same Window.

5. Tab to OK and press Enter.

6. Make sure that you check that your video display driver is up-to-date
also. This is very important as an old driver  will do nothing for  jaws
trying to focus.

Jaws with microsoft word

1. while in word make sure that the
A. view menu/print layout is chosen.
B. View menu/zoom setting is set to 75%.
C. Tools menu/view tab that screen tips, animation  are unchecked.
D. Tools/options/view tab that wrap to window is checked.

Regards,

Paul.

Paul Traynor,
Technical Support Staff,