[vip_students] Re: avast question for paul or others

Indeed flor. Maybe someone from NCBI can also help Vincent and verify that he was unable to see what actually happened. I had a real bad experience with my nephew who is sighted. I trusted him to download FREE ringtones on to my mobile. He is in his 20s!!! He did this and even when he did he did not do it properly so I never had the use of them. The mobile phone shop could not sort them out for me. At the same time he must have ticked a box and every few days £5 was taken from my pay and talk mobile. I had to go in to the shop eventually and say I do not even have to use my mobile phone but money is taken out of it!!! Anyway they were able to sort it for me and said I obviously had ticked a box saying x y and z. I denied it because I had not a clue what was going on or what had gone on. Had to suffer the financial loss but it was not as much as Vincent's. I think I began to wake up to it after about £20.00 was taken. I wish vincent all the luck in sorting out this problem.

Eleanor
----- Original Message ----- From: "Flor Lynch" <florlync@xxxxxx>
To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, December 12, 2008 11:04 PM
Subject: [vip_students] Re: avast question for paul or others

Vincent,

Here's my take. I think if i were you I'd do a few things. One might be to
ring paul working.  Another would be to have someone expert visit you and
your computer and see what was downloaded, and what's going on now.  If,
after all the computer expertise available has been consulted, you still
feel that you have a case of having been ripped off, have the credit card
holder get on to their bank and ask the bank to help them claim a refund
from the credit card company.  (This may be difficult, or impossible to
negotiate, at this stage.) But the first things to do are to find out what
exactly you downloaded.  (It sounds to me as if you downloaded  - and
unwittingly agreed to pay for - something else  - a firewall, anti-spam,
RealPlayer Premium, that sort? - besides the Avast antivirus program.)

----- Original Message ----- From: "vts" <vts@xxxxxxxxxx>