[vip_students] Re: avast

  • From: "Paul J. Traynor (NCBI)" <paul.traynor@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 09:31:10 +0100

Hi Petrina and Martin,

I have used Avast for many years now and would still choose it over the
main-stream products such as Norton or Macaffee which I will tell you from
my many calls over the time I have been in this job have constantly showed
up Norton and Macaffee to cause lots of problems. Lots of people are using
Avast successfully and continue to use it. All that is wrong here with
Petrinas Avast is that it needs a new serial number which I have given
below. Below that is the instructions for installing this serial number as
well.

Avast Serial:

W0864744H1400A0611-YJ78AJLV

How to enter the serial.

1.       On the desktop press letter "A" or arrow around till you locate the
Avast icon. Now press enter key.

2.       When avast opens up it will begin performing a memory scan, you can
tab key once to the "stop memory scan button" and hit spacebar on it to stop
this process.

3.       When memory scan has stopped, tab to the "register button" and
press spacebar.

4.       Now copy the serial number from above and paste it directly into
this edit box.

5.       Tab to the ok button and press spacebar then press spacebar once
more after the message comes up that you have successfully entered your
serial number.

6.       Alt + f4 to close and you're done.

Paul.