[vip_students] Re: adobe question

  • From: "Aedan O'Meara" <aomeara@xxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 15:28:50 -0000

Hi Paul,
I trust that you are keeping well.I am still battling what has turned out to
be "cellulitis" on the right side of my face. Swollen lymph glands at angle
of jaw, etc and a flaming red cheek!. Doc ssays if it doesn't come right by
tonight  I will have to go into A and E, for antibiotic drip. However, since
extra antibiotics yesterday I think I will avoid A and E!.
Now, these pdf files. I think Eleanor put her finger on it when she asked if
we were dealing with scanned image files. In my case that was the case and
adobe reported that as a possibility at one stage. I can read other true pdf
files with the same program no problem.
It seems to me that the older versions of adobe used a built-in OCR routine
that resolved the image but the new versions seem to rely on the txt being
somehow built-in to the file, and of course when you scan a image to pdf it
will not have this txt built-in. Hope I'm making sense
Kind regards
Aedan