[vip_students] a word about backups

  • From: "joe bollard" <joebollard2@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "vip students" <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 09:03:45 +0100

hello friends, i have learned my lesson the hard way, for quite some time i had
been building  a music collection of my favourite tracks over years, some very
hard to obtain now, i had them in a folder on my desktop, never realising how
precarious they were sitting  there, despite warnings from friends to transfer
the material  on to a pen drive or save the tracks on to CD's  i kept putting
it off, "will do it during the week"  of course i never did, then came the
inevitable  crash i lost everything, i actually could have cried,, so once
bitten twice shy, i got myself two good pen drives, plus now a terrabite
external drive, it won't happen again, just a reminder, thanks paul for all
your advice and help on this list, take care, travel safely, joe.,