[vip_students] Re: Word Tutorial:Lesson 20 attached file

  • From: "Petrina Finn" <petrinafinn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 14:01:01 +0100

Hi list members

I was talking to Paul last week and he said it was ok to post this on the list.

I am doing an ECDL (European Computer Driving Licence) course at the moment. For those that don't know, it includes modules on Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Email and Access. After each module a exam is done on the subject.

The course is run by Paula and Gus Dorrington in Colaiste Ide in Finglas. Both Paula and Gus have a visual impairment and run the course through JAWS, Zoomtext or whatever software suits. The course is every Saturday (10am - 4pm) except holidays and Bank holidays. It costs €120. The college is about 15 minutes from Parnell Street. For guide dog users, there is an enclosed green area to let the dog out.

I would definitely recommend the course to get a good basis in using the computer and JAWS. I hated using the computer prior to going on the course and now I have built up loads of confidence in using the computer and will try things out myself. If anyone want to contact me directly, I would be happy to give them more details about the course.

Regards,
Petrina Finn
petrinafinn@xxxxxxxxxx