[vip_students] Re: Windows7:Turning on a wireless connection!

  • From: "Support At NCBI" <support@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 12:58:55 +0100

Hi Eleanor,

Q. Interesting Paul, just 2 points here.  I thought one would have to put in
the security key for one's home broadband.

A. You are quite right Eleanor, after one clicks on the broadband name you
will be prompted for the security key which is usually stuck on a label just
underneath your router received from say a company like Eircom and you would
insert it in. Because I am used to doing it now I forgot to mention this
fact the rest of the instructions still apply.

Q. Now what about those laptops where the broadband is turned on and off on
a touch type screen just above the keyboard for example on Hp laptops?  Does
this other method still work?

A. You still have to follow my earlier instructions as the keys you are
referring too on the laptop only serve to turn on and off the actual
wireless system on a persons laptop.
Its important to point out here that unless the wireless network system is
on on a laptop then you won't be able to connect to your broadband provider
so for future reference you should make yourself familiar with the keys
Elanor has mentioned..

Look up our spectacular Euro 2012 competitions on www.give2get.ie
Follow us on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/ncbiworkingforpeoplewithsightloss
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/ncbi_sightloss

Check-out NCBI's Micheal O Muircheartaigh appeal on the following link.
http://youtu.be/25P2tiuCi0U

National Council for the Blind of Ireland (NCBI) is a company
limited by guarantee (registered in Ireland No. 26293) .
Our registered office is at Whitworth Road, Drumcondra, Dublin 9.
NCBI is also a registered Charity (chy4626).