[vip_students] Re: Virus

  • From: "Flor Lynch" <florlync@xxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 22:32:56 -0000

Frank,

Both Avast and AVG are competing antivirus programs. Many tech people have found disadvantages to using AVG, so that guy was just giving his personal opinion, prejudice, whatever. the problem you were having with Avast is a timed yes/no message, so that, if you didn't activate yes in time, the program would assume you made an error when you tried to uninstall it. As long as you run AVG and have remnants or parts of Avast installed, you may continue to have problems of one sort or another. Go with one or the other, with one means completely without the other, not both. there's a lot of support currently on this list for Avast, in preference to AVG.

(I may add that I use neither Avast nor AVG; but I use Eset Smart Security, which is both a security suite and antivirus program.)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Frank Kelly" <frankke@xxxxxxxxxx>