[vip_students] Re: Using The Jaws Cursor

  • From: "albertbrown" <albertbrown@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 18:15:00 +0100

Hello Tony,
here is a piece I copied from the jaws help manual concerning the jaws and pc cursors.
I hope this is what you are looking for.
Bert

About JAWS Cursors

About JAWS Cursors

Navigating through Windows with JAWS is accomplished with cursors. These cursors determine the focus of JAWS speech and are often directly linked with Windows

cursors.

The PC Cursor - Follows Keystrokes

This cursor is linked to the keyboard functions of Windows and applications. This is the cursor that is used when typing information, moving through options

in dialog boxes, and selecting options or icons. As you type information, the PC Cursor follows along with each key you press. If you are making a selection

in a menu or dialog box, the PC Cursor highlights the currently selected object. The PC Cursor is activated by default when JAWS starts. If you are using

a different cursor, pressing NUM PAD PLUS returns you to the PC Cursor.

The JAWS Cursor - Follows Mouse Pointer

The JAWS Cursor is linked to mouse pointer functions in Windows and other applications. It is used to read information the PC Cursor cannot read, such as

toolbar information. The mouse follows along with the JAWS Cursor when it is moved, and you therefore have access to information in an application window

that is beyond the scope of the PC Cursor. To activate the JAWS Cursor, press NUM PAD MINUS.

The Virtual PC Cursor - HTML Environment

The virtual PC Cursor mimics the functions of the PC Cursor, but is activated by default when entering an HTML document. The virtual PC Cursor speaks the

number of frames in a document, and the number of links in the frame. You can switch between frames, and JAWS reads graphics labeled by alt tags in the

HTML code.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tony Sweeney" <tonysweeney1@xxxxxxxxxx>