[vip_students] Re: Unread mobile messaging

  • From: "Eleanor Burke" <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 12:38:00 +0100

Fair enough, maybe I could ask the question but you would need to send it to me off list. I know it is that you are not hearing Talks read the icon for Inbox in e-mail, or I think that was what it was. If that is the case, all I would need is the phone Model and the version of Talks. To find out what version of Talks you have, go in to the Talks Application and options. Arrow up from the bottom to About and then let me know. Actually I have a phone with Talks 4 for example and I have put over it the latest Talks 5.1.1 and I gain a certain amount of benefit from that. True it is not the Premium version on that phone but I still derive benefit on the talks Standard level.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jackie mcbrearty" <donegal.jackie@xxxxxxxxx>
From: "Eleanor Burke" <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 30/08/2010 10:50 am

Jackie aren't you on the Talks Mailing list, why not ask there.  Sjomeone
might have an answer.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jackie mcbrearty" <donegal.jackie@xxxxxxxxx>
From: "Eleanor Burke" <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 29/08/2010 8:07 pm

Right Jackie further to my earlier posting why don't I do this myself:

Advanced Tab Sheet
Read Function Keys All
Read List Index Always
Read Sub-titles Always
Verbose Discriptions Yes
Mute on Keylock Yes
Cursor Mode Origional
T9 Key Echo Yes
Echo Passwords Yes
Talks Key Time Out Forever
Talks Mode Time Out Single Commands
Full List Items Yes
Progress Update every 3 Seconds
Choose Talks Key Power
Echo Function Key Yes
Read Text Status Yes
Mute during a call for 10 seconds only

Autimation Tab Sheet
Caller ID off
Repeat caller ID NoNew Messages Don't Read

Speech Tab Sheet will not be giving you the problem so not listed here.

Eleanor
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jackie mcbrearty" <donegal.jackie@xxxxxxxxx>
From: "Eleanor Burke" <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 29/08/2010 6:49 pm

Right then Jackie some questions for clarification.  Used it work?  I ask
because you say it became a problem when you got your phone back last year.
On some phones it is necessary to use the Object Viewer to label icons.
However, the Object Viewer is only available to those with Talks Premium and
not the Talks put on by Vodafone.

Elelanor
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jackie mcbrearty" <donegal.jackie@xxxxxxxxx>